Our client is an established freight forwarding company in Kenya. They seek to hire a vibrant and efficient Declaration Officer who will be tasked with handling client inquiries and the end to end process of clearing & forwarding.
Title: Declaration Officer – Clearing & Forwarding
Gross Salary: 30K
- Carry out all administrative tasks such as data input, processing information, imports and Exports declaration/ customs documentation declaration, completing paperwork and filing documents.
- Handle operations of all carriers i.e. Sea, Air, Land for both Imports and Exports.
- Communicate effectively with customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Order and ensure effective delivery of goods to customers.
- Resolve any sales related issues with customers/agents.
- Prepare invoices for the shipments handled.
- Coordinate with warehouses on stock position of items, container arrival, offloading details and delivery of the units to the customer.
- Liaise with Shipping Agencies / Carriers / Lines for competitive rates and services.
- Correspond with shipping companies and Freight Forwarders regarding shipments.
- Assist in tracking shipments and providing alternative information. i.e follow up with customers for payments.
- Certificate/diploma in clearing & forwarding from a recognized institution i.e KESRA
- At least 2 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding
- Be conversant & experienced in export declaration/ import declaration
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Presentable, proactive and an outgoing personality
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A team player with a positive attitude, proactive and attention to detail
- Results oriented, hardworking and creative
- Ladies are encouraged to apply
How to Apply