Declaration Officer (Logistics) Jobs, Purchasing Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
To undertake the timely process of preparing Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) declarations for all imports and exports when required for clearing and forwarding of overseas Aircraft spares & catering stores to meet business requirement whilst ensuring they are securely delivered in accordance with air worthiness and Kenya Airways quality standards to support scheduled requirements of Kenya Airways.
- Ensure for both normal and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) shipments all documents are on hand. These include Airway Bills (AWB), Item Part Catalogue (IPC) and commercial invoice.
- For all dutiable items apply in a timely manner for Import Declaration Form (IDF).
- Confirm that if pre-inspection is required letter is on hand to confirm exemption.
- Ensure to review tariff book carefully to ensure to apply correct Tarif Index (TI).
- Prepare bank reconciliations daily highlighting any extra costs.
- Correctly prepare declaration and use the correct TI to ensure 0 penalty charges.
- Ensure to meet timelines as per the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) given for AOG and normal clearance.
- Once declaration is done and costs provided pay National Bank within the same day.
- Proactively anticipate problems and address immediately and follow up with customs where necessary.
- Monitor Bond in Force for moving bonded goods to the warehouse.
- Update daily status reports and Tracker to ensure correct information to internal customers.
- Apply for IDF where required and proactively follow up to ensure fast delivery
- Ensure bond reconciliation is done and prepare the C36 timely.
- Correct declaration and capturing all weight and packages contained therein.
- Ensure 0 fines for customs.
- Ensure correct Tarif Index (TI) used at all times
- Where possible anticipate any costs incurred and move to immediately ensure cost savings.
- Ensure correct declaration and TI 100 is at 100% accurate.
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Computer proficiency
- Training on Basic Cargo
- Training on Dangerous Goods
- 3 Years.
How to Apply