- Ensuring timely billing of charges secured as per the tariff and dispatching to respective firms done promptly.
- Ensuring comprehensive collection of funds through effective credit control, safe custody of cash collected and prompt payment of staff allowances.
- Managing the credit control policy by ensuring that regulations and policies are adhered to by monitoring the credit levels and period.
- Ensuring timely attention is given to resolving customer queries and problems to do with their accounts
- Overseeing the day to day financial functions of the ICDs and liaising with Financial and Management Accounting departments on financial issues pertaining to ICDs.
- Ensuring timely attention is given to resolving audit queries.
- Preparing monthly and annual financial performance reports and returns.
- Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that posting is done regularly and updated in the system.
- Preparing the annual budgets for the Depots and defending the budget at the corporate budget committee.
- Analyzing and responding to the monthly budget overruns and ensuring that corrective measures are instituted on negative variances
- Giving financial advice to the HICDs on effective budget control system and ensuring ICDs budget is maintained within laid down policies and guidelines.
- Be holder of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized professional body.
- Be a member of Institute of Chartered of Certified Public Accountant (ICPAK) or any other internationally recognized accounting body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years of experience in ensuring revenue and expenditure transactions and books of accounts are well maintained, correctly done and presented with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.