Reporting to the Head of Inland Container Depot, the job holder is tasked with overseeing maintenance and repair works of all ICD’s mobile/plant equipment, electrical, and civil. He is the head of technical section, supervises and coordinates the activities of Mobile Plant and Vehicles, Electrical and Civil unit heads.
- Handling administrative, maintenance and repair matters in the Engineering section with the Depot
- Providing sectional leadership and bear overall responsibility and accountability to the section performance delivery on the maintenance, repair and availability of adequate and reliable equipment, vehicles, electrical and civil works.
- Preparing annual performance appraisal reports for subordinates.
- Coordinating all the planned preventive and corrective maintenance in the section
- Initiating all the development projects to be undertaken in the Depot.
- Ensuring proper safety procedure implementation and safe/clean environment.
- Liaising with Operation Officers for purposes of assessing equipment requirements and plans maintenance and repair activities accordingly to maximize efficiency in cargo handling service delivery
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering or Automotive Engineering or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with current annual practicing license.
- Be a valid member with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in overseeing maintenance and repair work of equipment with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Apply here for the Depot Engineer Job
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.