Deputy Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.98,500 – Kshs.166,780 pm CSG6
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director of Meteorological Services, Job Group ‘P’/CSG 6 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in Meteorology or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Bachelors degree in Mathematics and Physical plus a Post-Graduate Diploma in Meteorology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Master degree in Meteorology or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- shown professional and managerial capability in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- interpreting and implementing of national meteorological policy;
- ensuring meteorological operational procedures are in line with international standards and recommended practices;
- coordinating public education and outreach programmes on weather and climate;
- verifying meteorological advisories, alerts and warnings for various sectors;
- coordinating the downscaling and disseminating meteorological information;
- interpreting and preparing reports on the status of air quality;
- developing and revising training curricula for meteorological personnel;
- reviewing weekly, monthly and seasonal weather and climate bulletins;
- carrying out research in meteorology and related sciences;
- training and capacity building on meteorology related science; and
- conducting public education and outreach programmes on weather and climate.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019