Deputy Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary: Kshs.97,320 – 130,420p.m. (CSG 6)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Served for cumulative ten (10) years, three (3) of which should be at a senior level either in the public sector or the Private Sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, Public Administration or any other social science-related field of study or its approved equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in Law, Political Science, Public Administration or any other social science-related field of study or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of policies related to the wildlife sector in Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities of the officer at this level will entail:
- Monitoring all activities related to wildlife conservation and management and provide immediate and appropriate responses;
- Monitoring implementation of the wildlife policy at National and County Governments;
- Monitoring and Influencing the policy making process in the counties to be in tandem with the national wildlife policy;
- Capacity building the counties on conservation related policies and obligations at county level;
- Drafting all wildlife legislations in consultation with stakeholders and tabling through the Parliamentary Committee on Environment;
- Monitoring implementation of various legislations in the wildlife sector;
- Ensure the integration of the wildlife policy to other sectors of the government;
- Put in place a regulatory framework for the wildlife sector;
- Ensure compliance of statutory requirements by all players in the wildlife sector;
- Propose and advice the Ministry of the necessary tax regimes necessary in the wildlife sector;
- Develop and ensure use of the necessary regulatory tools for the sector; and
- Promote use of technology in compliance by the sector players
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019