Deputy Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.98,500 – Kshs.166,780 pm (CSG 6)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years in the field of environment and natural resources and currently serving in the grade of Assistant Director, Programs, Projects and Strategic Initiatives, Job Group ‘P’ CSG7 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Planning and Management or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Planning and Management or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated outstanding professional competence in project management design, proposal writing and implementation; and
- demonstrated professional competence and leadership capability in work performance and results
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- administration, direction, control and supervision of operations of large and complex projects and programmes funded by the ministry;
- macro and Micro levels planning, co-coordinating and monitoring the implemented projects within the Ministry and its Parastatals to ensure impact and accountability;
- pursuing Strategic engagements and investment proactively through emerging international funding opportunities in the field of environment;
- pursuing Strategic partnerships and collaborative ventures in environment and natural resource management sector; and
- involving in coordination of donor support to the Ministry
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019