Deputy Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.98,500. –166,780 p.m. (CSG6)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director of Research, Job Group ‘P’ (CSG 7) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any research area including and not limited to Agriculture and related studies, Industrial Sciences, Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any research area including and not limited to Agriculture and related studies, Industrial Sciences, Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from in a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated merit and ability in managing Research, Science and Technology.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include: –
- leading teams in reviewing and establishing collaborations, partnerships and linkages in Science, Technology and Innovation, locally and internationally;
- developing and reviewing policies, strategies, frameworks in Science, Technology and Innovation;
- evaluation of the National Technology Transfer System in Universities and Research Organizations;
- organizing Workshops and Conferences for international audience in areas related to Science, Technology and Innovation; and
- undertaking Science, Technology and Innovation programmes and projects outlined in Kenya Medium Term Plans.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019