Deputy Operations Manager Jobs, Administration Jobs, PEAK Destination Management Company Jobs
For travellers with a yearning to get off the beaten track, Intrepid opens up a whole new world of adventure travel.
Visiting the world’s most incredible places, Intrepid introduces travellers to the people and cultures that define a destination. From the back streets of Asia, to the wilds of Africa, the rich culture of Latin America, the immense national parks of North America, the delicacies of Europe and the ancient cultures of ancient Australasia – Intrepid has an adventure for everyone.
Deputy Operations Manager- Workshop
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
The Deputy Operations Manager ensures the safe, efficient and effective management of the activities carried out by the workshop which includes vehicle and spares sourcing, maintenance and driver deployment, equipment management and operational activities.
- Auto mechanic qualification and experience with emphasis on heavy commercial vehicles.
- Fleet management
- Management training or experience desirable
- A strong knowledge of Intrepid’s style of travel, operating systems and trips
- An understanding of regional culture and business etiquette
- The capacity to successfully troubleshoot mechanical problems from a remote location
- A capacity to make decisions independently
- Outstanding organisational and managerial skills
- An understanding of and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal communication skills and writing ability
- An understanding of and belief in Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks that may be on the go at the one time
What will you be doing?
- To formulate and direct vehicle maintenance strategies ensuring high standards are achieved
- Maintain the Risk Management activity within the workshop and yard areas and ensure equipment meets safety requirement
- Undertakes development of business plan of the vehicle repair, maintenance and replacement schedule
- Formulate and manage budgets relative to vehicle and workshop equipment maintenance and repair
For a downloadable job description, application form and application details please visit our company website via the link above. Applications close 26 November 2019.
How to Apply