Development Officer Jobs, Other Professions, Tangaza College Jobs
Development Officer – Tangaza College
The Development officer will have the overall responsibility of designing development projects, keep good relations with donors, and find funds for the advancement of Tangaza. The Jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organisation’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support by developing relationships with prospect donors;
- Manage special projects and carry out fundraising activities;
- Maintain accountability and compliance standards for donor and funding sources;
- Provide general oversight of all of the organisation’s fund development activities, manage the day-to-day operations of the development function, and monitor adequacy of activities through coordination with staff and appropriate committees;
- Support fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper recognition and stewardship of donor;
- Responsible for developing, in concert with each Institute/department, a sound development plan and set of procedures, to ensure good working relationships between him/herself and that unit to ensure the efficient pursuit of private funding; and
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the relationship of Tangaza College with corporations,foundations and individuals for who funds are sought for various programs and projects of the Institutes.
- A Bachelors and a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum period of five (5) years relevant work experience in senior management;
- Demonstrated understanding of fund development activities and working with donor organisations and funding;
- A demonstrated track record in delivering significant fundraising strategic initiatives;
- Ability to provide project leadership with proven corporate governance, managerial and people management capabilities; and
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of integrity and professionalism in a complex environment
Candidates will be required to;
- Communicate clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients;
- Generate and acts on new ideas that add value to the business;
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead; and
- Have a good understanding of the sector environment and the impact they have on the reputation of the organisation.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 13 November 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
For more details on Tangaza College and the job description for this role, please log on to https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html and https://tangaza.ac.ke/
Tangaza College is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that Hard copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.