While reporting to the Managing Director and serving as the Head of Digital Department, the job holder will be responsible for determining and overseeing an appropriate mix of content on the internet, social media and mobile; and ensuring uploaded content is up to date. This includes advocating for KBC social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate, monitoring online ratings and responding accordingly.
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to positive performance output.
- Overseeing the implementation of Corporation’s social media strategy and ensuring it aligns with the Corporation’s brand
- Keeping up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms
- Maximizing followers on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Googleplus and Instagram
- Building reporting frameworks to evaluate return on investment on the various platforms
- Monitoring social media for customer comments both positive and negative.
- Analyzing social media insights to guide future social media campaigns
- Holding workshops for the wider marketing team to explain the importance of social media and how it can impact on their campaigns
- Reporting on social media mentions of the brand internally providing useful feedback to product and marketing teams
- Searching social media for off-diary stories and content
- Planning and delivery of community management strategies through social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Journalism/PR/Mass Communication or related field
- Six (6) years of relevant working experience in Digital and Social Media marketing and /or PR
- Three (3) years of relevant working experience in developing strategies across Social Media and Digital marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge in outreach, sales, grassroots, social media, digital buzz building and building sustainable communities
- Must have been a social media power user and have a proven background on building a quality online following for business
- A proven experience in using social media analytical tools and ability to tweak marketing strategies based on findings
- Proven experience with social media advertising platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Ability to create cutting edge social media and digital marketing content
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability
- Ability to manage website content.
Organizational skills required
- Strong organizational and communication skills is mandatory
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capacity to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and resourceful with a ‘can- do’ attitude.If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The position is also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
How To Apply
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100