Section: Marketing & Partnerships
Department: CEO Office
Location / Work station: Kibera/ Ikigai
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: Director Marketing & Partnerships
Direct reports: N/A
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the digital branding and marketing strategy of Shofco. You will execute Shofco’s evolving marketing strategy as the organisation expands and seeks to establish its footprint locally.
Key Responsibilities / Duties/ Tasks
- Social media – Develop the social media strategy using research, currently global reality and locally available content to draft and publish engaging content as part of a wider content calendar. This will be done in collaboration with the Programs teams on the ground to execute for relevance across (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and twitter accounts)
- Fundraising – creating fund raising campaigns in keeping with Shofco brand representation and in line with a previously agreed upon schedule for the year using platforms such as Classy to execute
- Website management (including SWEP):
- Manage the site development / maintenance with 3rd party vendors to ensure optimal functionality
- Maintain the website and blog—SEO – regularly updating and publishing content on the site
- Managing the organisations online commercial SWEP page through ensuring all the products, prices etc. are up to date
- Digital analytics – track performance into dashboards of all the organisations digital platforms using common analytics tool and use this to feed into the overall marketing strategy
- Email marketing – utilize Mail Chimp to update Shofco partners on a quarterly and need to basis of organizational progress. This is done through producing and publishing the online newsletters
- Budgetary reconciliation – for all online advertising efforts including Classy and the M-Changa page maintenance and utilization
*kindly note certain elements of what you’re required to do in this role will be subject to change.
- Diploma / Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications (Media).
- Qualification in Business/ Marketing/ communication or any other related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Must be an organized thinker, completes detailed tasks punctually and is able to work effectively under time pressures
- Ability to make quick, wise judgements, on controversial or sensitive issues
- Proven experience in successful planning and support of a heavy workload within a framework of timescales and accountability
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Functional Skills: Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Articulating information
- Documenting facts
- Checking things
- Showing Composure
- Establishing rapport
- Interacting with people
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring progress of all Social Media and adjusting necessary changes to get better results
- Timely replies to posts and enquiries on social medial as well as communications sent via emails
- Timely planning and execution of what needs to be achieved and done on a monthly basis.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop their hard copies at our Head Office in Kibera, Gatwekera on or before 14th February 2019. Please state your current and Expected Gross salary in the Cover Letter. Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.