Director Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/034
An officer at this level will be the head of a Directorate in the County and is answerable to the Chief Officer/ County Executive Committee Member of Agriculture and will be responsible for all Technical and the administrative issues of the Directorate. Duties will be as follows:-
- Innovation and Implementation of strategic plans and objectives of the Directorate: – handling technical and administrative, human resource, budgetary and assets management issues.
- Team building and setting performance targets and standards in consultation with the C.E.C Member and the Chief officer
- Addressing stakeholders concerns and instituting operational accountability
- Cost effective research to advance County Agriculture priorities
- Modernize and make extension services responsive to customer needs
- Update and rationalize technical training
- Maximize sustainable gains from crop development activities
- Device and apply strategies to maximize value of land and optimize its use for alternative purpose
- Enhance synergies between the Directorate and stakeholders
- Enhance gainful co-operation between the Directorate and local/International Stakeholders
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Food Science, Home Economics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of high capability, technical and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.