Director Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/042
The officer will report to the Chief Officer – Tourism, Culture and Arts
- Management, planning, coordination and administration of culture and arts in the county.
- Formulate budget proposals and expenditure controls
- Formulate, coordinate and review policies on culture and arts development
- Interpret and implement the departmental strategic plan and medium-term plan
- Identify and promote cultural groups, activities and sites
- Monitor and evaluate cultural programs and projects
- Promote research on culture and arts development
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Must have a degree in Sociology/ Anthropology/ Archaeology/ Creative Arts/ Theatre Arts or the equivalent from a recognized institution
- A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Must have seven (7) years relevant experience, three (3) of which must be in senior management levels
- Be fully conversant with the national and county policy on arts and culture functions
- Ability to develop networks across the county with other counties and stakeholders
- Have the ability to network with the corporate sector with a view to establishing partnerships beneficial to the county’s cultural activities
- Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Must have undertaken senior management/leadership courses
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.