Director Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/038
- The head of the Directorate in the County and responsible to the Chief Officer/CECM in charge Directorate of Fisheries.
- Responsible for the general administration of human and financial resources of the directorate.
- Development and transfer of appropriate technology and innovations.
- Developing strategies to sustain gains from fisheries development activities.
- Managing staff performance systems and coordinating the preparation of Budgetary Estimates.
- Initiating and implementing of Fisheries Policies, programmes and strategies.
- Monitoring the implementation of Regional and National agreements.
- Coordinating the strengthening of Fisheries Extension Services.
- Promoting cooperation between the Fisheries Sector and other stakeholders.
- Undertaking cost effective research to advance Directorate and Sectoral priorities.
- Harmonizing fisheries technical training in liaison with relevant in situations.
- Undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation in the directorate.
- have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; – Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- have Master’s degree in any of the following fields; – Biological Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Aquatic Sciences, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Physical Science or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- have a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution;
- have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- have knowledge of Fisheries development and managerial policies, Fisheries Act and other related Acts and international conventions;
- be conversant with national and international fisheries agreements, conventions, protocols and laws of the sea;
- have shown competence in planning and implementation of development, management and research of fisheries projects and programs; and
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.