Director ICT Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Information Technology Jobs, County Government Jobs, Uasin Gishu County Jobs
Advert Number CPSB/DIR/ICT/01
- Promote infrastructure, and secure networks within County Government
- Implement county ICT strategy, standards and guidelines
- Oversee Installation and configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network;
- Develop, implement, review, evaluate and report on the organisation’s ICT strategic, business and operating plans and associated projects, ensuring alignment with the strategic directions of the organisation
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users of the specific sectors;
- Overseeing the process of configuration repair and maintenance of information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- Drawing up hardware specifications for information Communication Technology equipment;
- Verification, validation and certification of information technology equipment;
- Providing effective leadership to ICT staff
- Overseeing the overall coordination, monitoring and evaluation of ICT systems and operations in the county.
- Implementation of county/ national ICT policy, and e-Government master plans
- Manage ICT centers, innovation hubs and other related installations throughout the county.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related field from a recognized university. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Technical knowledge and skills in computer programming, information systems and information systems security.
- A minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Professional certification such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, Oracle Certified Database administrator OCDBA, Microsoft Certified databases Administrator MCDBA or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. Certification in Project management is an added advantage.
- Member of an ICT professional body.
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply