Director – Trade And Investment Job at Kitui County
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provision, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions below in the County Ministry of Trade Cooperatives and Investments.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R)
Salary Scale: Ksh. 115,290 × 5,770 – 121,060 × 6,050 – 127,110 × 6,240 – 133,350 × 6,420 – 139,770 ×
6,610 – 146,380 × 6,790 – 153,170 p.m.
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for the Director – Trade And Investment Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, Economics, Entrepreneurship or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Relevant masters degree;
- Working experience of not less than ten (10) years, five (5) of which should have been in senior
- management or leadership;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism in public service; and
- Membership to relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Director – Trade And Investment Job Responsibilities:
The Director, Trade and Investment will report to the Chief Officer, County Ministry of Trade, Cooperatives and Investment and will be responsible for:
- Guiding and supervising the implementation of the County policies, strategies and programs on trade and investment;
- Coordinating trade and investment functions of the County;
- Providing technical guidance and advice on trade and investment issues;
- Overseeing the development of micro-finance and other financial institutions in the County;
- Formulation, implementation and coordination of trade and investment policies, strategies and programs in the County;
- Coordinating research and development on emerging issues on trade and investment;
- Monitoring and evaluating trade and investment programs and policies;
- Preparing periodic and status reports;
- Ensuring that professional guidelines and standards are adhered to; and
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by a competent authority.
- The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above position will be as determined by the
- Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services.