Director Jobs, Legal & Enforcement Jobs, Legal Jobs, WASREB Jobs
Responsible for facilitating effective legal services, board secretarial services and enforcement for non-compliance with water services regulation.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Manager Legal Services
- Advise the organization on the legal aspects of day-to-day administrative matters and also provide legal opinion/advise on industrial development matters.
- Represent the organization in all issues requiring legal address-claims, defamation, legal suits etc.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan;
- Ensure reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Board on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing the WASREB internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships
- Coordinate legal activities within the directorate (in Preparation of the organization legal documentations, chargers’ leases, incubation agreements discharge, liaise with external lawyers for specified matters etc.)
- Assist in developing effective working relationships with key user directorates/departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs.
- Develop and implement compliance enforcement strategy on regulation for Water services sector
- Store legal instruments related to the organization i.e. contracts, leases, agreements.
- Develop License document and ensure enforcement of license conditions
- Ensure that all operational licenses are in place and valid.
- Research and prepare company cases appropriately.
- Undertake legal audit for the organization to confirm compliance with the laws
- Participate in development of guidelines and regulatory standards on water service provision.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing external stakeholders along with the WASREB through open, professional and proactive engagement and with enforcement partners in relation to specific cases.
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the directorate and all documentation sent to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop a model memorandum of articles of association to be used by Water Service Providers.
- Coordinate directorate’s budgeting and Cost containment within the budget.
- Manage the skills development for staff to ensure that training needs are properly identified and appropriate training is arranged.
- Manage and conduct performance management reviews for the directorate.
- Work closely with department heads to develop goals and initiatives.
- Ensure quality control and customer service.
- Prepare monthly reports on legal matters affecting the organization to the management.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely consultation and cooperation with County Executive Committees, Chief Officers, and collaboration with other stakeholders in water services provision for effective service delivery.
- Licensing water service providers involved in the provision of water and sewerage services.
- Handle complaints as and when escalated for redress.
- Handle Board secretarial services as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Board to the directorate.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the directorate.
- Plans the work of subordinates, assigns work to subordinates, monitors subordinates work performance and appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance
- Masters Degree in law (LLM) from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law; (LLB) from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate diploma in Law – Kenya School of Law
- Certified Public Secretary of Kenya – ICPS,K
- Have served total 15 years of experience with at least 9 at supervisory level
- A registered member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- Leadership/Management Programme lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Water Sector will be an added advantage
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Customer/Citizen focus
- Strategic leadership skills
- Proficiency in Managerial Skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead multi skilled Team
- Keen eye for details
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High Integrity and team building skills
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Upholds Professional Ethics
How To Apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Services Regulatory Board
P.O. Box 41621 00100
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on 30th August 2019. The applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.