Director of Corporate Services Jobs, CoG Jobs
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council to achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results-oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position:
DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES
Provide leadership, coordination and guidance on financial, human resource and administrative management through implementing of the existing and development of new policies and procedures for efficient, effective and sustainable engagement in the smooth implementation of the day to day activities at the Council of Governors in accordance with the Council strategic plan. Further the Director will be responsible for mobilizing resources for the Council from the National Budgeting process.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Corporate Services will perform the following duties:
• Implementation of sound corporate management policies within the Council of Governors;
• Providing strategic leadership to the Council’s corporate functions, creating a culture of effective and efficient support services;
• Representing the Council in consultation with the CEO in activities that are relevant in enhancing the vision of the Council;
• Overseeing the planning and implementation of the activities and operations of the Council’s Corporate Departments;
• Oversight of the Council of Governors human resources management and development processes in line with the Government of Kenya’s human resource management policies and laws;
• Overseeing all finance and accounting functions for the Council of Governors including budgeting, asset management, cash flow management, variance and accounts analysis and reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies and procedures;
• Oversight of the Council of Governors’ Administration processes in line with the Government of Kenya’s relevant policies and laws;
• Liaising with the Ministry of Devolution and Planning and the National Treasury to ensure CoG budget is captured in the state budget and funds transferred to CoG for implementation;
• Providing guidance to the Council’s departments on the preparation of budgets in accordance with developed work plans;
• Ensuring that departmental budgets are captured in the final Council budget and submitted to the Council of Governors for approval;
• Liaising with donors supporting projects within CoG and ensuring compliance with the donor requirements;
• Providing periodic updates to the Council of Governors and the CEO on the financial position of the organization;
• Supporting the Council of Governors Resource Mobilization efforts in line the external resource mobilization policy;
• Managing the external audit process for the Council of Governors in partnership with the office of the Auditor General and any other project audit as may be deemed necessary by CoG donors and partners.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Have a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Public Administration, Human Resource Management or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Business Management specializing in either Finance or Accounting, Human Resource or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience five (5) of which should be in a similar position.
• Experience with donor funded and/ Government of Kenya programmes is an added advantage
• Have understanding of Principles and practices of Public Finance Management and Public Administration, including management, organization, planning, cost/benefit analysis, budgeting, project management and evaluation.
• Have demonstrated a high degree in work ethics and competencies.
• Senior level engagement at National and County Government coordination with high level policy issues.
• Demonstrated capacity for complex policy formulation and stakeholder engagement, advocacy and resource mobilization.
• Knowledge of legislative and public finance issues, procedures and processes.
• Previous policy level work with relevant organizations in devolution.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the Constitution in the Devolution space in the Country and beyond.
Fluency and ability to communicate in English and Swahili is required.
• Be a Kenyan Citizen;
• Be a member to a professional body and in good standing.
• Be compliant to the requirements of Chapter six (6) and the thirteen (13) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with CoG clients and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization- works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs for the Council of Governors.
Duration of the assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM and drop the duly completed form, CV with names and addresses of three referees, cover letter indicating clearly as application for the position of Director Corporate Services in the subject, with current and expected remuneration, and a copy each for ID, certificates, relevant clearance certificates and testimonials.
The hard copy application in plain sealed envelope must be submitted and registered at the Council Offices, Delta Corner Towers- Westlands, Oracle Wing 2nd Floor, on or before 5:00 p.m. Friday 25th October, 2019 addressed as application for a position of the Director Corporate Services to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Council of Governors
P.O Box 40401-00100
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
For a detailed Job Description, please visit the Council Website; www.cog.go.ke
Relevant clearance certificates & documents
• A detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic certificates and National Identity card
• Certificates of admission to professional bodies
• Tax compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Certificate of clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance with the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)