Director of Internal Audit Jobs, Internal Audit Jobs, Accounting Jobs, NYS Jobs
The National Youth Service (NYS) is a State Corporation established under section 5 (1) of the NYS, Act, 2018 (the Act) to train and mentor Kenyan youth. The functions of the Service as provided in the Act are undertaking paramilitary training, technical and vocational training in various trades, national building programmes, commercialization of assets to optimize utilization of its resources as well as research and innovation, hence creating a critical mass of technologically skilled and effective Kenyan youth ready to join the global village.
In line with its mandate, the Service is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the following senior management positions
3. DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT, NYS GRADE 3 (1 post)
Scale NYS 3: Kshs. 181,900 x 8,100 – 190,000 x 8,200 – 206,400 x 8,200 – 222,800 x 8,300
House Allowance Kshs. 60,000 p.m.
Commuter Allowance Kshs. 20,000 p.m.
Leave allowance Kshs. 10,000 p.a.
Terms of Service
Three year, renewable contract based on performance.
The Director, Internal Audit reports directly to the Council. The office is premised on the Public Financial Management Act and Regulations and the Public Audit Act. It is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Service. It helps the Service to accomplish its strategic objectives by effecting a systematic, disciplined approach to
evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
Duties and responsibilities of the Director, Internal Audit will entail:
- Developing and implementing an internal risk-based audit strategy;
- Planning and undertaking audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with policies, procedures and regulations;
- Providing the secretarial services to the Audit Committee.
- Preparing annual internal audit work plan for approval by Audit Committee of the Council;
- Preparing and reviewing internal audit charter;
- Preparing quarterly reports on the status of implementation of the internal audit annual
work plan for submission to the Audit Committee;
- Oversee audit tests on internal controls in all processes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the overall enterprise risk management program;
- Liaising with the Auditor General and ensure follow up on the process of implementation of Internal and external audit recommendations; and
- Recommending mitigation measures to address identified weaknesses where
- Ensuring that the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines are prepared for
- Supervising the preparation of work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and
- Review and submission of audit reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board;
- Draft Audit Committee Board Charter
- To develop and maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme that
includes internal and external assessment.
- Supervision of staff of the Internal Audit Department; and
- Any other duty, assigned by the Director General/CEO of the Service
For appointment to this post, the candidate must:
- Have a minimum of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in any of the following
disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent
qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years in relevant work and at least five (3) years in
- Be in possession of CPA (K) and any of the following: CISA, CFE, CIA or its
equivalent and either;
- Be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and any of the following professional bodies-Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA Kenya), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
- Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) from a
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Demonstrate strong abilities on a spectrum of key work performance competencies such as managerial, teamwork, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical, numerical and organization skills; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters in a sealed envelope marked with the title of the position being applied for; together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
In addition, applicants are required to attach certified copies of good conduct from the Directorate for Criminal Investigations, tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and a compliance certificate the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 26th November, 2019.
National Youth Service
P. O Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
Sealed hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the Registry – National Youth Service
Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor. The applicants can also email their applications to: email@example.com or Director.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position being applied for as the subject. Those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as sought for will NOT be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification. ONLY shortlisted candidates
shall be contacted.
NYS is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Matilda P. Sakwa (Ms.), EBS DIRECTOR GENERAL