Director of Tourism Jobs, Tours & Travel Jobs, Vihiga County Jobs
Job Group Q
3 Years Contract
The Deputy Director of Tourism will be responsible to the Chief Officer in-charge of Trade, Industry, Tourism and Entrepreneurship for planning, directing, controlling and coordinating technical administrative activities of Tourism.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of tourism policies, strategies, programs and projects;
- Technical advisor on matters pertaining to tourism;
- Co-ordinate the implementation and review of county tourism policies and the county tourism strategies;
- Facilitation of the county’s membership and participation in tourism related international organizations;
- Overall management in matters related to marketing; planning and regulation of tourism in the county;
- Overall coordinator in relation to niche tourism development in the county;
- Promotion of domestic tourism in the county;
- Overall planning, direction, supervision and performance management of all employees of the county directorate of tourism;
- Oversee the use, maintenance and inventory of equipment and facilities used in the directorate of tourism;
- Undertaking tourism research and maintaining a depository of all data and information on tourism and tourism industry players within Vihiga county;
- Maintain necessary linkages between the directorate and other stakeholders;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in Tourism or equivalent from recognized institution
- Must have served on Job Group ‘P’ and above of its equivalent in tourism field;
- Must have four (4) years’ Relevant working experience as Assistant Director for 3 years;
- Must have attended a senior management course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have good leadership and communication skills;
- Have knowledge of Tourism and Wildlife legislation;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building, Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.