Director Jobs, Architecture Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/030
General Statement of Duties
- Supervise and manage the public works Directorate
- Prepare annual budget for all capital Projects of the public works docket in the department
- Perform supervisory and administrative oversight on all County public works Projects within the Jurisdiction of the Chief Officer-Roads and Public Works
- Ensure Supervision of all public works related contracts within the county to acceptable Engineering standards.
- Plans, organizes, reviews and supervises the work of directorate works officers, and through them, all other employees.
- Facilitate design and procurement of public works contracts in line with set budgets for the sector.
- Develop and monitor budget allocations, expenditures, allocation balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocation are accurate, expenses are within the budget limits and /or fiscal practices are followed.
- Plans, organizes, reviews and supervises the work of all contractors undertaking construction of building project s in the county and ensuring that public works projects are done to acceptable Engineering standards.
- Research and develop for adoption by the county modern works construction methods that give value for monies invested in the sector to the benefit of county residents
- Attend meeting as directed to represent the department or the county government of Kisumu.
- Supervise inspection of bridge and roads construction and maintenance projects to ensure compliancy with county policies, ordinance and regulations, as well as applicable national traffic rules, county laws and regulations governing roads construction.
- Serve on various planning committees as departmental or county representative for technical review and planning, transportation system planning, and other policy formulating committees dealing with works related issues.
- Oversee maintenance of complete and accurate records of all expenditure for public works division of department of roads and public works. Perform technical coordination within the county regarding growth and works – related issues.
- Negotiation appropriate developer /county / city site improvement s and designs where growth or development impacts county public works
- Develop and adopts department policies and procedures and participates in establishing work methods and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in right-of –way negotiations with property owners or agents hired to negotiate right-of-way for the county on various works-related projects.
- Work with directorate staff to prepare budgets for various roads project within the jurisdiction of department of Roads and Public Works.
- Present the works directorate budget to the chief officer and the county Executive Committee Member for roads, and public works and work with them to form a consensus on budgetary issues.
- Present proposed budgets to the departmental budget committee.
- Review planning department land use action requests; prepare written comments detailing potential impact on county works and bridges construction plans.
- Prepares and updates the public works improvement plans.
- Advice the chief officer on the status of existing works improvement plan as well as potential changes to the plan and their impact on the projected revenues stream funding the plan.
- Work with the other directors in the department of roads and public works reviewing the departmental goals and fulfillment of the service charter and the performance contract.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned Organize resource s to effectively and efficiently perform assignments within established deadlines.
- Attend work as scheduled and /or required.
- Implementing and development of the framework, procedures and systems for irrationalizing and institutionalizing integrity Issues Cascading Performance Appraisal Systems (PAS), DIVISONAL Citizens’ Service charters for all levels of staff deployed under the division as required by the principles. The performance Contracting with the County Government of Kisumu
- Served in the grade of building engineer I or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least seven (7) years 3 of which must be in senior management level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/quantity survey or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.