Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.132,000 – Kshs.195,410p.m. (CSG 5)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Deputy Director, Research, CSG 6 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a relevant Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in any of the relevant fields in;- Biological Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Earth Sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated a high standard of professional competence and administrative capability in the development of science and technology policies as well as appreciation of cross sectoral issues of science and technology for development.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include: –
- formulation and implementation of policies, strategies and programmes for research management and development;
- management and development of the national innovation system;
- development, promotion and application of science and technology;
- establishing international collaborations, partnerships and global obligations in research science and technology;
- undertaking national science, technology and innovation statistics ;
- establishing linkages between government, research, academia, industry and the society
- overseeing implementation of performance contract programmes in the directorate;
- efficient management of the directorate;
- advising the government through the Principal Secretary, on on-going local and international activities on research, innovation and technology transfer in both public and private; and
- guiding in development and implementation of relevant research, technology transfer and innovation policies for national development.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019