Director Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/041
Reports to the Chief Officer for Tourism, MICE, Culture and Arts
- Formulating, interpreting and reviewing tourism policies and strategies
- Ensuring the implementation of all tourism policies
- Overseeing development of national and foreign investment programmes in the tourism sector
- Developing, implementing and ensuring realization of tourism strategic plans and objectives
- Marketing and promoting county tourism destinations
- Overseeing the development of tourism area plans
- Providing advice on creation of enabling environment for investment in the tourism sector
- Mobilizing resources for the development of the tourism sector
- Coordinating the provision of incentives for the development of tourism products and services
- Coordinating participation of Kisumu’s tourism sector in regional and international forums
- Providing a framework for public-private sector partnerships in the tourism sector.
- Ensuring effective tourism research, information and data management
- Ensuring the implementation of departmental performance management systems
- Overall management and development of departmental staff
- Overseeing the preparations and review of local codes of practice in the tourism sector
- Initiating development of bilateral and multilateral agreements and protocol in the tourism sector.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management
- A Master’s degree in Tourism will be an added advantage
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience, three (3) of which must have been at Senior management levels in a reputable organization
- Must demonstrate achievement of activities undertaken.
- Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Must have undertaken senior management/leadership courses
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams
- Must be self-motivated with initiative and drive, including ability to effectively network with various stakeholders
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.