Director Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/036
- Participating in the formulation, Development , implementation, Monitoring and Review of policies, laws and strategies in the Animal Health sector
- Planning and coordinating programmes on the control and eradication of epizootic and zoonotic disease and pest and compiling and interpreting technical reports
- Evaluating slaughter house design and making recommendation for approval
- Enforcing food safety and quality assurance regulation in local and export slaughter houses and other animal products processing plants
- Evaluating export/import request documents in respects to live animals, Animal products, by-products and inputs and making appropriate recommendation
- Planning field efficacy trials for drugs vaccines and acaricides
- Disseminating information on animal health, Products and markets collaborating with stake holders in providing Veterinary services.
- Coordinating Veterinary services at port of entry
- Organize disease search, investigations, monitoring, mapping and outbreak response
- Carry out investigation on anti-microbial and acaricidal resistance
- Liaising with training institutes on training and development of staff, students and interns.
- Planning collaborative activities with relevant stake holders in the Animal health sector and
- Coordinating inspection of private Veterinary practices and inputs outlets in collaboration with Kenya Veterinary Board
- Prepare projects proposal for resource mobilization
- Prepare and implement work plans and budgets
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- have served as a Senior Assistant Director of Veterinary Services for a minimum period of three  years;
- be in possession of a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine[BVM] Degree from a recognized institution;
- have Master of Science Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgery, Livestock Economics, Forensic Science, Animal Nutrition and Feed Sciences, Animal Genetics and Breeding, Clinical Studies, Veterinary Public Health, Livestock Production Systems, Poultry Science, Veterinary Anatomy, Reproductive Biology, Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology, Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Diagnosis, Fish Science, Apiary Science, Master of Public Health, Applied Veterinary Parasitology, Applied Microbiology, Comparative Mammalian Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Wildlife Health and Management, Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics, Animal Production or Aquatic Science from a recognized institution;
- A member of Kenya Veterinary Association and registered by Kenya Veterinary Board;
- have a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme Course lasting not less than six  weeks from a recognized institution;
- have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Have shown outstanding administrative capability and professional competence required in managing Veterinary Services.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.