Dispatch Clerk Jobs, Supply Chain Management Jobs, Logistics, Virtual HR Jobs
Our Client’s Brown’s Food Company is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Dispatch Clerk will be responsible for ensuring timely and correct dispatch of products to customers according to the delivery schedules and overseeing the scheduling, staging, tracking and reporting of the day’s activities
- Receiving and preparing work orders, monitoring jobs in progress and informing personnel about any logistic problems.
- Managing accurate and efficient stock transfers during loading of trucks from the loading bay
- Ensuring delivery vehicles are loaded and dispatched as per dispatch plans.
- Ensuring products dispatched are of the right type, quantity and in the right condition
- Maintaining records for all job duties including mechanical breakdowns, customer requests and all charges and expenses incurred.
- Ensuring maintenance and filing of updated dispatch data lists and reports.
- Ensuring correct delivery documentation
- Informing supervisors of any weight discrepancies so vehicles don’t become overweight
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or any other related field
- Proven work experience as a dispatch clerk
- Attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures
- Good report writing skills
- Process Oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject ‘DISPATCH CLERK’ by Tuesday, 9th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.