- Transport authorized persons for official duties.
- Drive the assigned vehicle ensuring the safety of passengers, vehicle and other road users for the transport of authorized persons.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle –check oil level, water, coolant, battery and tyres.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle including arraigning it for repair using the prevailing procedure.
- Log official trips as per government procedure and policies including mileage, consumption and route.
- Ensure vehicle documents are current including display of insurance cover at all times observe traffic rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of passenger conversations /discussions.
- Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- KCSE certificate C plain or its KNEC accepted equivalent.
- Clean driving license free from any endorsement.
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Government Trade test III.
- Have knowledge of driving rules and conversant with road security code.
- Valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police.
- Passed suitability Drivers Grade test III.
- Basic knowledge in minor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Capable of defensive driving.
- Defensive driver’s license from the Automobile Association of Kenya or a recognized institution.
- First aid certificate from a recognized institution.
- Minimum four years’ driving experience (Class BCE).
- Interpersonal and communication skills and
- Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified individuals are required to apply online through KEPHIS website (www.kephis.org) by 31st January, 2019.
Use only one method of application: online through the KEPHIS website.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; duly filled employment application form, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.