Driver Jobs, Driving Jobs, KLDC Jobs
Job Grade KLDC 9
Job Ref No.: KLDC/021/2019
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized.
- Carrying out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure and other related routine checks.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems.
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned.
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road.
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Have minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent.
- Have a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle.
- Have passed Occupational Trade Test I/II/III for Drivers.
- Have a Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Must have Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Proficiency in computer applications is an added advantage.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.