Driver Jobs, Jobs for Form Four Leavers, Ministry of Defence Jobs
Job Group ‘D’
Thirteen (13) Posts
Basic Salary: Kshs. 14,610 – 16,250 p.m. (Job, Group “D”)
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 (Once yearly)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry grade into the driver’s cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tire pressure, e.t.c; detecting and reporting malfunction of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class (es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience.
How to Apply
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary’s office-
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
Or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 9th July, 2019.