Driver III Job at Kitui County
Job Group ‘CPSB 15’ (D)
Fourty Nine (49) Posts
Salary Scale: Ksh. 13,510 × 470 – 13,980 × 510 – 14,490 × 540 – 15,030 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- First Aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance, Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III; and
- Passed Practical Test for Drivers conducted by the respective Ministry/Department;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, KITUI
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 14th September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process.