Driver Job at Ministry of Labour
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving officers in the Public Service for the advertised vacant positions shown here below.
DRIVER III, JOB GROUP ‘D’ – FORTY TWO (42) POSTS, ADVERT NO.16/2018
Kshs.14,610 – Kshs.16,250 p.m.
Terms of Service:
Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement
Driver Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Be a serving officer in the Public Service;
- Have a Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade D (Plain)or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicles (s) an officer is required to drive;
- Have attended a First-Aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBIT) or any other recognized institution;
- Have passed suitability Test for Drivers Grade III;
- Passed practical Test for Drivers conducted by the respective Ministries/Departments;
- A valid Certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience.
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
This is the entry grade into the Drivers’ cadre.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s Coling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc;
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- ensuring security and safety for the vehicles on and off the road;
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016). The form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or Ministry’s website www.labour.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach copies of academic, professional documents or transcripts. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled in the form.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic, Professional Certificates and Transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, P.O. Box 40326-00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Building, Block ‘A’, Eastern Wing, 5th Floor Registry, on or before 22nd October 2018.