Agronomist Job at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting an Agronomist for one of our clients in Sierra Leone; an agricultural company that trains NGO’s, organizations, farmer groups and ToT (Trainers of Trainers) in Good Agricultural Practices and commercial farming methods.
Fresh Salone is an agricultural company established in 2013 in Sierra Leone and specializing in improved agricultural inputs sale, Training and growing of crops.
Following USAID project, we are looking to contract out grower farmer groups to grow traditional crops for weekly export to Europe.
- Applicant must be Agronomist with practical experience with Outgrower contracts, Training and implementing of GLOBAL-GAP standards, and act as a production manager.
- Managing GLOBAL_GAP compliance, follow up on crop maintenance, train farmers and ensure the crop is ready for export
- Experience in Greenhouse growing for export in Fresh Salone 5ac farm from June 2019
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary 1,500 USD + bonus on successful export quantities
- Flight Freetown-Nairobi 1x year
- The employee will be located in a separate private house close to the farming area
Start of contract: January 2019
Duration of contract: 1 year renewable
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3545”, Your Full name & Phone numbere.g. 3545 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 07 January 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.