Dynamics NAV Functional Consultant Job at DataposIT
Reports To: Head of Business Applications
Employment Status: Fixed
Employment Duration: 1 year renewable based on performance
Location: Primarily based at our office in Nairobi
DataposIT is a leading solutions integrator in the region founded in 2007. We provide various unique ICT solutions including Business applications, data-centre infrastructure, cloud services and IT managed services.
The Dynamics NAV Functional Consultant will be responsible for understanding our customers’ business requirements and subsequently transfer knowledge to the customer project team about how best to apply the Dynamics NAV solution to attain targeted business benefits. He/She will also be responsible for a range of deployment tasks in projects associated with design proposals, testing, feasibility analysis, modeling, sample building etc. He/She will develop and implement new methods, designs and products.
Dynamics NAV Functional Consultant Job Responsibilities
- Leading and/or participating in discovery analysis meetings with the client to understand current business processes that need to be incorporated into Dynamics NAV.
- Conducting GAP analyses to determine difference between application and business processes.
- Working with other team members to design and architect proposed solution.
- Creating documentation to define work-flow and requirements.
- Configuring application as appropriate to conform to business process definition, including: application customization, workflow process editing, and report writing.
- Identifying creative solutions for processes that aren’t fully accomplished by standard Dynamics NAV processing.
- Designing, architecting and implementing integrations and migrations between Dynamics NAV and a variety of products.
- Training users in a hands-on methodology.
- Providing on-going support to end users, assisting with trouble shooting or additional training via email, phone or site visits.
- Maintaining and expanding client relationships through delivery of high quality services.
- Assist Sales Team on pre-sales opportunities and demonstration of Product
- Maintain current knowledge of new versions and latest technology
- Serve as resource to staff for technical questions and procedural questions.
Requirements for the Dynamics NAV Functional Consultant Job
- A thorough knowledge of the Dynamics NAV is required
- 3+ year’s proven track record of successfully implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV in one or more of the following roles: Solutions Consultant, Project Management, and Implementation Consultant.
- Prior consulting, business analyst, implementation, or product support experience required, specifically relating to Dynamics NAV.
- 4+ full-cycle ERP implementations within Functional Consultant role.
- Certification in Dynamics NAV, preferably:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or later (Finance, trade, service and manufacturing)
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or later Installation & Configuration
- Dynamics 365
- Strong proficiency within at least one of the following areas: Finance, Manufacturing, Job Costing, Warehousing (WMS) and/or EDI.
- Experience participating in Work Scoping & Estimation
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Ability to solve complex tasks
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities with ease
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills
- Experience working with or deploying tier 2 ERPs
- Dynamics NAV 2009 or later experience
- Experience leading a development team
- Degree or Diploma in any IT discipline, Commerce (Finance option)
- Accounting Certification is an added advantage (CPA, Kasneb, ACCA)
- Ability to manage critical relationships with clients.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, communicate, delegate and follow-up effectively to all team members.
- Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
How to Apply
For consideration for the Dynamics NAV Functional Consultant position, ensuring the subject line reads ‘DYNAMICS NAV FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT’, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com Also include your current and expected renumeration.