The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security program in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of his/her hierarchical superior. S/He implements the EcoSec activities and resources in the areas of assignment according to agreed objectives and plan of action. S/He reports on the progress and achievements of the program as required. S/He ensures a smooth working relationship and effective coordination with Kenya Red Cross Society at field level. Duty station posting in Mombasa office with 75% field work in Lamu and Garissa Counties.
- S/he is the focal point for Conditional Cash Grants Project;
- Carries out assessments, implementation, as well as monitoring visits and evaluation of the EcoSec projects together with Kenya Red Cross Society teams;
- Assists EcoSec Coordinator in identifying operational strategies and defining short and mid-term plan of actions;
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings;
- Provides regular feedback/progress reports in a timely manner, contributes to Weekly Highlights, Quarterly EcoSec Reports, Monitoring for Results, Minutes of Meetings, assessment reports, monitoring reports in a timely manner.
- University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, Animal Production, Veterinary Science or related fields;
- Minimum four years of experience in food security, relief, livelihoods and capacity building projects ranging from assessments, designing, implementation (both in kind and cash transfers), monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in community mobilization, sensitization, disseminations and organization (preferably with Humanitarian sector background)
- MUST be fluent in written and spoken English as well as Somali language;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.
How To Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 06th February 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Economic Security Generalist 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.