Electrician Jobs, Engineering Jobs, MSF Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 4 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
Electrician – Short Term 3 months
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- Responsible for the well being, Installation and Maintenance of ICT equipment.
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing all necessary electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions.
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed.
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined.
- Responsible for the wellbeing of ICT equipment including but not limited to:
- Fortigate firewall, FortiAPs and FortiSwitch.
- Server hardware, NAS, UPS, Network Cables.
- Responsible for the correct power up of all the equipment.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent
- Labeling of all the equipment, cables and parts in accordance with the conventions and manuals.
- Ensuring all electrical installations are protected and connected to the UPS and lightning protection. Responsible for the correct and secure installation/racking of the equipment
How to Apply
Send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org