Surveillance & Enforcement Officer (Electricity) Jobs, Engineering Jobs, ERC Jobs
Reporting to the Principal Surveillance and Enforcement Officer, the successful candidates will work under the supervision of a senior officer and will assist in surveillance and inspection of sites, facilities and licensees to ensure regulatory compliance in energy and petroleum sectors, and taking appropriate enforcement actions in cases of non-compliance.
- Implementing of applicable standards, codes and regulations in Kenya;
- Reviewing of standards and regulations in the Country;
- Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders;
- Preparing drafts on procedures, rules or guidelines for enforcement and compliance operations;
- Conducting compliance checks on all related areas and services;
- Investigating allegations of contravention of Energy Act and related regulations;
- Undertaking investigations on complaints and suspicion of non-compliance;
- Reviewing of procedures for operations.
- Drafting surveillance and compliance reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any of the following fields: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership with a relevant professional body, where applicable;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Applicants are required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
The shortlisted candidates will additionally be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of
Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Authority will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization. The successful candidates will be offered employment on contract and permanent and pensionable terms as specified.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the stated requirements can submit applications attaching a signed application letter, copies of education and professional certificates, a detailed CV giving details of telephone contact, email address, names and contacts of three (3) professional referees not later than 5.00pm 6th August 2019.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
EPRA values diversity therefore youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Recruitment process is free. The Authority does charge any processing fees at all.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACT