Practical Action has a great opportunity for a Senior Energy Advisor in our East Africa office. Reporting to the Head, Technical and Consulting Services Unit the role will provide support to the delivery of Practical Action’s energy strategy for the East Africa regional office.
- The role will primarily deliver impact for Practical Action through the consulting approach of technical assistance delivery.
- The role will support the Regional Leadership in the development of energy work in the region, including managing projects, providing technical input to Practical Action’s projects in the region, contributing to secure new work, building the network of associates, line-managing staff and facilitating joint working with Practical Action’s other regional and country offices in Africa and UK. As a member of the Practical Action global energy team the role will contribute to development of the organization’s energy thematic work worldwide.
- We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge and experience of off-grid energy access technologies, preferably around mini-grids and solar home systems as well as other technologies including, solar lanterns, improved cook stoves, rural electrification.
- A Masters degree in renewable energy, economics or other relevant discipline and at least seven (7) years’ relevant work experience in designing and implementing energy access projects or consultancy assignments within the NGO or private sectors, in Africa and internationally is required.
In return, Practical Action offers a flexible and friendly working culture and an opportunity to work for an organization that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide.
- Work week of 35 hours
- The opportunity to work remotely
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage.
With 50 years of expertise, Practical Action has a strong heritage, and track record of bringing communities and experts together to find practical, sustainable solutions to enable people to meet their needs, which work for both people and the planet.
How To Apply
If you have the experience, skills and the ability we are looking for, please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods Advisor” or “Senior Energy Advisor” as the case may be so as to reach Practical Action on or before Friday 25th January 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.