Manager – Enforcement (Domestic Taxes Department) Jobs, Tax & Customs Administration Jobs, KRA Jobs
Purpose of the job
- Administer the relevant Tax Acts
- Ensure efficient and effective management of resources.
- Assist the Chief Manager in eradication of illicit trade through field enforcement, factory control, case management, strategic reporting and Licensing
- Ensure effective and efficient management of their resources under the mandate
- Implement departmental policies, procedures and general administrative matters;
- Formulate and implement strategies to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services in areas of responsibility;
- Handle technical matters and provide relevant legal interpretations on relevant tax issues;
- Coordination of enforcement in field operations
- Coordinate implementation of illicit trade issues
- Coordinate risk management and ISO issues
- Management of issuance of excise stamps
- Approval of applications for Licenses and registration for excise purposes
- Monitor sensitive exports and import to curb dumping of illicit goods
- Case management and prosecution of cases in liaison with Investigation Department
- Provide technical support in intelligence data analysis and reporting; continuously monitoring performance and quality through analysing and reporting KRA’s big data for informing decision-making process.
- Prepare relevant operational reports.
- A degree from a recognised University
- In Possession of Post Graduate Degree in Tax & Customs Administration
- Must have a thorough knowledge and wide experience on the application of the relevant Tax Acts
- Experience in Surveillance and Enforcement will be an added advantage.
- Cumulative training in areas of stakeholder engagement, intelligence, investigation and prosecution
- At least seven (7) years of progressive experience in Surveillance, Enforcement, Case management or Policy and three (3) years at an Assistant manager level
- Extensive knowledge of Revenue Acts administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Certification in Basic investigations techniques and intelligence courses will be an added advantage.
- Experience in interagency Operation will be an added advantage
- Strong managerial skills;
- Demonstrated professional strong organizational ability;
- Good analytical skills, and ability to make evaluative judgments;
- Ability to function independently and on own initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good team player of high integrity.
- Proficiency in standard computer packages.
How to Apply