REF: SCPSB/07/02/2019/03 – J.G ‘N’
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable or Contract depending on age of the Candidate
Reporting to the Chief Officer for Governance and Administration, the Principal Security Officer will be responsible for security of County Government
personnel, physical properties, and visitors in respective County Government premises and installations. Responsibilities include the following:-
- Ensure that the contracted security services effectively guard CGS premises and installations
- Facilitate preparation and implementation of CGS Security Policy and Procedures on issues touching on security.
- Oversee implementation of the CGS Security Policy and Procedures in all facilities of CGS.
- Oversee security surveillance in all CGS installations in respective areas.
- Ensure the existence of cordial relations with the communities neighboring CGS installations in Liaison with other CGS Divisions and Departments Operational Responsibilities
- Conduct ad-hoc inspections to all CGS installations when appropriate in order to establish the level of alertness and preparedness of the contracted security provided.
- Be the overall security liaison officer between CGS and National Government security organs on behalf of the CGS
- Be the overall in charge of contract administration for CGS and contracted security firm.
- Submit monthly security reports to the Chief Officer of Governance and Administration and copy the same to County Secretary
- Verify and confirm the authenticity of monthly security invoices by security service providers for timely and accurate payment.
- Formulate standard Security Operating Procedures for all CGS installations and ensure that its implementation is fully adhered to.
- Liaise with Government Security agencies on all aspects regarding to CGS security.
- Coordinate preparation of enforment officer duty rosters throughout the CGS.
- Assist in preparation of security budget as part of the Governance and Administration department budget.
- Assist in the preparation of standard operating procedure for handling sensitive information and intelligence.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Security related disciplines
- Posses Security certifications from government (Military or Police) or International Security Institutions
- Be a member of local or international security bodies to International Security bodies.
- Previous relevant work experience required. At least seven (7) years experience in the Military or Police having attained a substantive rank equivalent Chief Inspector or Captain or above.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Possession of Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Posses the following functional skills:-
- Supervisory and Managerial
- Intelligence gathering
- Emotional Intelligence and
- Cultural Intelligence/Diversity
- Interpersonal skills
- Be computer literate
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 22nd February 2019 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED