Manager, Enterprise Risk Management Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Finance Jobs, CPA Jobs, Banking Jobs, I&M Bank Jobs
Reports To: General Manager Risk and Compliance
Supervision: Officer, Risk and Compliance
The role will be responsible for implementing, supporting and enhancing the Enterprise risk management framework in I &M Bank, including appropriate processes, procedures and tools, designed to reduce the Total Cost of Risk and to embed risk management within the Bank. Key to the role is to establish connections with leaders across the Bank and facilitate and support the implementation of the ERM strategy in a value-adding manner. The successful candidates will partner with Business Units, enterprise-wide functions and subsidiaries with an objective of ensuring continuous improvement of the ERM Program.
- Developing, updating and maintaining Enterprise risk management procedures and systems with respect to risk identification, risk assessment, risk monitoring, risk mitigation strategies and risk reporting;
- Periodically review risk policies, procedures, reporting templates and framework to ensure everything is up to date.
- Participate to, or lead Risk Management projects with a focus on ERM, Operational Risk, and Internal Control.
- Participates in and supports internal and external audits and regulatory reviews
- Coordinating and guiding on the RCSA (Risk Control Self-Assessment) process for the Bank and reporting key risks to senior management as and when detected.
- Track and report on emerging risks and events, and ensure follow up, creation of action plans, and ensure adjustment of policies, processes and procedures as necessary
- Manage a risk register that covers major risk areas,
- Track risk mitigation activities and remediation
- Assist in identifying and communicating control gaps and evaluating management remediation action plans and related reporting
- Develop risk reports for leadership meetings and quarterly meetings with Board Risk Management committees
- Implement use of appropriate ERM methodologies, tools & techniques.
- Facilitate training and sharing of risk management and Business continuity management best practice across the Bank
- Monitoring implementation of ERM framework and Monitor the Top entity level risks.
- Track and analyze incidences of frauds (successful and attempted) identify causes and implement with respective units comprehensive measures to close loopholes.
- Provide guidance to functions while acting as a centralized resource Centre.
- Proactively engage the Risk Champions to monitor & report the risks,
- Coordination of loss data and KRI data collection and reporting
- Ensure that a comprehensive and continuous risk identification process is in place.
- Work with Business units to implement BCM framework for the bank, Review the BCM program and tools to ensure they are updated and ensure BCP testing is carried out as per schedule for both business and support unit.
- Train staff on BCM in conjunction with Risk
- Masters of Business Administration degree in Finance or a related field will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K), ACCA, CIA, or Risk certification; and
- Member of Institute of a Professional Body
- Risk Management, Business Continuity or Enterprise Risk Management professional accreditations will be an added advantage
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in Banking Operations, 3 of which should be in Risk Management.
Skills and Attributes
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent people management skills with attention to detail; and
- Good understanding of Banking internal policies and procedures as well as external regulations.
- Ability to work with all level of management.
- Previous experience in auditing and finance are a plus.
- Ability to write / revise policies and guidelines and maintain Risk Register.
- Excellent report writing skills.
How to Apply