Entertainment Reporter Jobs, Communication Jobs, Royal Media Jobs
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified person for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating online news content for the Company. The ideal candidate will cover and update entertainment/features for the Company’s Online news platform(s) as a reporter. The reporter must be an experienced entertainment reporter with an outgoing personality and one ready to join our young and innovative team.
- The reporter will be tasked with closely monitoring pop culture, the arts, celebrities, social media, youth trends and cover entertainment events.
- Generate multi-media content that will be shared on eDaily.co.ke and social media platforms like; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok that reach the required target audiences.
- Use online metrics to inform story choices and how to cover/share them.
- Have a nose for stories that will engage target audience and generate chatter both online and offline.
- Engage with readers through the various social media platforms.
- Establish sources in the entertainment community.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Must have excellent communication & writing skills
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Understand media laws and ethics
- Must be self driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Must have a nose for news and an understanding of how to package news for a digital audience
- Must have keen attention to detail
- The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls
- Demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Must keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
Academic and professional Experience
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University
- Over 2 years experience in a newsroom; one of which must be at a reputable organization under a digital editorial portfolio
How To Apply
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: email@example.com
Closing date will be Friday August 9th , 2019. Use HRD- EDRS-08-2019 as the email subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.