Enumerators Jobs, KNBS Jobs
No. of Posts: 135, 000
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 16 days
Gross Remuneration: Ksh.1, 500 per day- Total Kshs.23, 000 (Taxable)
Reporting to the Content Supervisor, the Enumerator will be responsible for enumeration during the Census.
- Identifying boundaries for the Enumeration Areas (EAs), locating all structures and visiting every household to list all the usual members in the EA assigned to them before the enumeration exercise;
- Ensuring that all the necessary equipment/materials to be used for enumeration are available to them before the exercise commences;
- Administering all questions and recording responses on all persons who will have spent the night of 24th/25th August 2019 in each of the households in the assigned Enumeration Area.
- Obtaining complete and accurate answers and capturing them correctly during the enumeration exercise;
- Forwarding all equipment and questionnaires (used and unused), maps, notebooks and any other materials as directed to the Content Supervisor after the enumeration exercise;
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above;
- Must be a resident of the enumeration area or neighbouring enumeration area they will be assigned to work in;
- Be conversant with the local language/dialect;
- Must be Computer literate or be able to use smart phones;
- Must have at least form four (4) level of education with a minimum of KCSE grade of C (plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- Must be available for at least uninterruptible period of sixteen (16) days from 15th to 31st August, 2019.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to write a cover letter addressed to relevant “County Statistics Officer” indicating clearly the position being applied for (stating the reference number) and details of ID Number, Academic qualification, County, Sub-County, Division, Location, Sub-Location, and Village/Estate of residence.
Attach copies of National Identity card, Academic certificates and other relevant certificates. Each of the applicants must have either an active
Bank Account or a Telephone Number registered in his/her name through which payment will be made at the end of the exercise. (Taxation in accordance with prevailing tax regulations shall apply in every payment).
For all cadres of personnel, applications should be submitted by 24th June 2019 in the following offices;
- ICT Supervisors: To be submitted to the respective County Statistics Offices;
- Content Supervisors: To be submitted to the Chiefs’ office;
- Enumerators: To be submitted to the Assistant Chiefs’ office.
All applicants upon submission of applications should register their details on the Applicant’s Summary Form and on the Register and are advised to take note of the serial number for any future reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews for all the positions will be conducted from 5th to 14th July 2019.
NOTE: There is no online submission of the applications and no payments should be made when applying for any of the census positions.