Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of FMCG products located in Nairobi. They seek to hire a competent individual who will be tasked with; providing full-time Systems compliance, environmental health, and safety support to the operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with OSHA regulatory requirements.
Location: Athi River, Nairobi
Gross Salary: 60 – 90K
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Coordinate internal and external OSHA audits and processes improvement action plans including; Fire risk reduction as per OSHA 2007 and Continuous identification of opportunities for energy efficiency and conformance to energy management regulations of 2012.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Perform and contribute to the EHS Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operations.
- Coordinate with HR on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
- Accountable for researching and writing work permit applications and work with the environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct plant audit, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Diploma/ Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety Sciences or related discipline.
- 2 years’ relevant experience in the EHS sector with at least 2 years in similar positions of progressively increasing operative responsibilities in the system Compliance & EHS function.
- EHS scientific & Technical expertise
- Compliance and regulatory expertise
- Incident investigations and prevention
- Risk assessment and management
- Great Interpersonal skills Communication skills
How to Apply