Chief Environmental Planning Officer Job at National Environment Management Authority
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principal instrument of Government for the implementation of all policies relating to environment. EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment.
Vacancy Reference: RN0010
Responsibilities for the Chief Environmental Planning Officer Job
- Initiating development of Environment action planning process
- Integration of environmental concerns into plans, projects, and activities.
- Identifying environmental significant sites and environmental degraded areas.
- Spearheading preparation of Ecosystem, Environmental Management Plans, and taking stock of natural resources;
- Mainstreaming of environmental economics into overall development planning.
- Preparation of work plans, Performance Contract, progress reports for the department.
- Analyzing reports on land use patterns to determine their impacts on the quality and quantity of natural resources.
- Coordinating preparation of bankable proposals.
- Coordinating preparation of National Environment Action Plan (NEAP) and capacity building of Counties to prepare County Environment Action Plans (CEAPs).
- Implementing relevant Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEAs) and other agreements in the field of environment.
- Monitoring compliance with national and county environment plans.
How to Apply