Driver Job at Export Processing Zone Authority
Current Grade: EPZA 11
Ministry /Corporation: Export Processing Zone Authority
Directorate: Finance, Human Resource and Administration
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Section / Unit: Administration
Location / Work station: EPZA HQ or regional offices
Reports to: Administration Officer
Responsible for managing and operating the assigned fleet unit.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Maintaining a neat work ticket.
- Ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods.
- Ensuring security of the vehicle on and of the road.
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle or motor cycle systems to the transport officer.
- Carryout routine checks like engine Oil, Coolant, Tyre Pressure before and after any journey and report any unusual observation to the transport officer.
- To comply with all the Kenyan Traffic Laws and Government Check Unit regulations.
- Ensuring overall vehicle maintenance and management.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for fleet unit assigned by the Authority
- Makes decisions using work instructions
- The job holder is subject to moderate hazards and moderate physical demand.
- Experience moderate disruption to leisure
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Valid Class BCE Driving License free from any endorsement;
- Occupational Trade Test Grade III for drivers;
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
Previous relevant work experience required
- Served in the grade of Driver atleast three (3) years
- Knowledge of the Kenya Traffic Act and GVCU regulations
- Good Judgement
- Ability to take instructions
- Ability to communicate
- Interpersonal skill
- Integrity and commitment
- Team playing skills
Salary Scale for the position
Minimum Basic Salary Kshs 16,595.00 : Maximum Basic Kshs 29,464.00
Total Allowances 22,000.00
Successful candidate will enter the scale at basic salary of Kshs 16,595.00
How To Apply
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, recent copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial, National ID and requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 23rd December, 2018 at midnight East Africa Time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.