Temporary Electrical Artisan Job at Export Processing Zone Authority
The job holder will be required to Lay out, build, test and troubleshoot electronic and electrical components, equipment and units in the Zone. In addition, the function entails preparation of repair and maintenance schedules in EPZ workshops and other facilities and projects.
- Routine checks of Electrical equipment;
- Fixing simple electrical gadgets and installations for maintenance in buildings;
- Monitoring and maintenance of standby generators in the Authority.
- Repairs and Maintenance of electric systems in the Authority.
- Assemble electronic systems based on established technical specifications and ensure that correlating repair and maintenance needs are fulfilled.
- Create cable and wiring connections in a safe and accurate manner, and perform regular inspections to identify defects and replacements.
- Construction of electrical systems in the Authority’s minor projects.
- Government Trade Test Grade II/Artisan Course / Craft II (KNEC)/Technician I in Electrical & Electronics (power option).
- Served in the grade of Artisan or in a comparable and relevant position for at least six (6) years;
- O-Level Certificate with a minimum of D Plain
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
Terms of employment
You will be paid a monthly wage of Kshs 24,000 on a two-year fixed term contract.
How To Apply
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, recent copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial, National ID and requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 23rd December, 2018 at midnight East Africa Time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.