Director Ethics & Governance Jobs, Social Sciences Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, County Government Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
The Director will develop an effective governance, ethics and policy framework, spearhead integrity programmes and oversee the institutionalization of ethical culture in the entire county civil service to actualize positive culture change and organizational behavior for sustained productivity.
- Providing guidance to management on the integrity and ethics programmes
- Coordinating, supervising, monitoring and evaluating the county’s Integrity and Ethics programme across all departments
- Setting up corruption-prevention committees across the departments, sub-counties and wards
- Ensuring adherence to and compliance with ethical procedures at all operating levels of the county
- Nurturing relationships with relevant stakeholders to enhance awareness regarding corruption and economic crimes
- Undertaking roll out, training and sensitization of all county staff on the public service values and principles
- Preparing performance indicators on the successes of the implementation of public service values and principles.
- Developing customer awareness on corruption-prevention campaigns
- Reporting and investigating of unethical practices in liaison with respective agencies
- Preparing quarterly and annual reports on implementation and compliance with public service values and principles
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the County Code of Conduct.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, with Diploma in Ethics/Integrity and Corporate Governance from a recognized institution
- A Master’s degree in Corporate Governance with particular emphasis on management of institutional ethics and integrity programmes will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience, five (5) of which must be in senior management level in management of ethics and integrity programmes
- Demonstrate capacity in successful policy formulation and effective implementation of public corporate governance, integrity, ethics and anti-corruption programmes in the public/corporate service
- Thorough understanding of the legal, social and ethical framework of governance, ethics and integrity challenges
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent personal integrity and ethical standards
- Drive for results and achievement, and ability to meet tight timelines
- Commitment to the county’s vision and values
- Excellent inter-personal relations
- Excellent initiative and capacity to deliver with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in
- Satisfy requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.