Senior Ethics & Governance Officer Jobs, Social Sciences Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, County Government Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
Reporting to the Director Ethics and Governance
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct;
- Provide technical guidance to management and employees on ethical and compliance issues.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consult with the County Attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of unethical violations.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Ethics and Governance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establish and provide direction and management of the compliance hotline.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, with a Diploma in Ethics/Integrity and Corporate Governance from a recognized institution
- Must have served for at least five (5) years in ethics and governance office in the public/private service;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be of a pleasant disposition with high interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.