Job Grade KICC 3
The Events Manager reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for Production and execution of events, exhibitions and food and beverage contracts execution.
- Production and execution of events, exhibitions and food and beverage contracts execution.
- Managing contracts for catered food and related products
- Ensure standards and regulatory compliance food and beverage and events from conception to completion.
- Planning and Coordination of Events, design and development
- Identify opportunities for events through market survey
- On site event management and inspection
- Managing the process of events, completion and wind up
- Administration of post event activities and processes
- Communicating and developing client relationships
- Strategizing to maximize on returns related to events
- Managing operational and administrative activities for effective and efficient delivery
- Planning and implementation of event budgets
- Compliance with all health and safety standards and conducting product research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in senior management level in tourism, hospitality or related sector.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
Terms of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
Job Grade KICC2 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to performance
Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2018” not later than 7th January, 2019 at 5:00 pm to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P.O. Box 30746-00100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply