Examinations Director Jobs, Director Jobs, CLE Jobs
Overall purpose of the job
Reporting to the Secretary/CEO, under direction and supervision of the Secretary/Chief Executive Office, the Director, Examinations shall be responsible for developing a sound and sustainable framework for the supervision, conduct and administration of credible and reliable Bar examination.
Institutionalize the curriculum for the Advocates Training Programme (ATP); Coordinate the verification and scrutiny of records for purposes of clearance of Bar candidates for gazettement and admission to the Roll of Advocates.
- Develop the framework for management of the examination process, test administration and certification;
- Develop and implement Bar Examination regulations;
- Coordinate the verification and scrutiny of records for purposes of clearance of Bar candidates for gazettement and admission to the Roll of Advocates;
- Verify and approve all applications for registration for the Bar examination;
- Establish a system of collaboration with licensed legal education providers on examination administration;
- Implement sound examination registration process;
- Oversee implementation of Bar Examination appeal process;
- Recommend the recruitment of examination setters, moderators and markers and define their roles;
- Guarantee security for examination material, including draft examination questions, examination papers and marked scripts;
- Promote integrity of the examination process;
- Implement and periodically review implementation of ISO procedures.
- Be a holder of Masters Degree in Law from a recognized University. A Ph.D. in a relevant area will be an added advantage;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Has at least ten (10) years relevant working experience, five(5) of which must be in an academic institution and has served in a position of management for at least five(5) years;
- Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Key Personal Attributes / functional Skills requirements
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism;
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines;
- Have excellent understanding of the current trends in Legal Education and training;
- Must have intimate knowledge of regulatory framework and supervision of Legal Education in Kenya;
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders;
- Have strategic leadership skills;
- Be customer centric and resourceful in problem solving;
- Demonstrate organizational, Communication skill and Public Relations
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.